Cellar Supervisor is responsible for direction and supervision for the day-to-day cellar operations such as communicating work assignments, training subordinates on all shifts to meet daily production needs in a safe and effective manner.
- Coordinates and implements daily cellars, crush, and fermenting activities such as supervision and training of these crews and scheduling job assignments.
- Supervises all production functions including sanitation, cellar, crushing, fermenters, etc.
- Must be able to learn and effectively train others on all work processes in accordance with SOPs and hold individuals accountable, as necessary.
- Monitors performance of all employees and communicates with the others within the management team.
- Ensures compliance with all safety and personnel procedures and policies.
- Responsible for the training, development, counseling, safety, and discipline of assigned staff.
- Check items received, locate in appropriate storage area(s) and complete proper documentation.
- Accountable for the accuracy and completeness of all production logs and records
- Recommend changes in work methods, process, and equipment to reduce cost and/or improve the quality of production.
- Maintain a close working relationship with other Winery Operations.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Must embrace and demonstrate The Wine Group’s Values: Long-Term Sustainable Value Creation, Relentlessly Entrepreneurial, Empowered People, and Responsible Trustworthy.
- Must be 21 years or older at time of hire.
- Possess at least 3 years of experience working within a winery.
- 5 – 7 years of supervisory experience
- Proficient in MS Office and knowledge JDE application preferred.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with attention to detail
- Ability to set priorities and work independently within set guidelines.
- Upon assignment, the Company may require First Aid, CPR, AED, Emergency Responder, and/or other certifications, as necessary.
- Strong knowledge of production/manufacturing operations
- Provide good verbal and written communications to all levels of management, both internally and externally
- Prioritize while able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Demonstrated reliability and punctuality, work effectively in team/crew environment, adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures.
- Primary work environment is on the production floor.
- Position will be exposed to indoor and outdoor environments with varying noise levels.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in a production environment.
- Occasionally lift up to 50lbs
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Winery Operations
- Job Function Operations
- Pay Type Salary
- The Wine Group, 22004 Road 24, Madera, California, United States of America