Vice President, Digital Marketing and eCommerce
At The Wine Group we are passionate about our people, our future and our wine. We are America’s second largest wine producer by volume with over 1,200 employees globally across 12 locations in California, New York and Australia. We are proud to be responsible for many of America’s most beloved wine brands, including Cupcake, Franzia, Chloe, Concannon, Benziger, Imagery, AVA Grace, 7 Deadly and more. We are dedicated to our culture built on values like entrepreneurialism, innovation, social responsibility and stewardship. To learn about us and our career opportunities, check us out at www.thewinegroup.com and then come join the exciting journey at The Wine Group.
TWG’s Vice President, Digital Marketing and eCommerce is responsible for building out TWG’s Digital Marketing and eCommerce strategy and capabilities to position the company for growth in this rapidly expanding channel. We are seeking an experienced leader with deep expertise in this space to bring their talent, experience, and successes to TWG to lead us in building our capabilities. The ideal candidate is a scrappy, nimble, and innovative leader who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves to accomplish goals and has passion for creating. This leader has proven success in a digital environment and will serve as our site merchant and thought leader.
This individual will build and lead a holistic approach to the online and digital aspects of TWG’s business across both sales and marketing, including online retail, digital marketing including brand sites, earned and paid media, and direct to consumer (DTC) sales. The Vice President, Digital Marketing and eCommerce will partner with teams across the organization including marketing, sales, IT, operations, and finance to ensure the development and execution of TWG’s digital growth strategy to position TWG as a thought leader and key partner in this space. This position reports to the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Develop and lead digital marketing and marketing technology in partnership with brand leaders
- Drive strong business rhythm between digital marketing team and brand teams to ensure alignment on short/long term strategy for priority brands
- Direct email marketing, search engine optimization, online advertising, web analytics, social media marketing, and user experience
- Create organizational best practices, standards, and processes to increase brand awareness and consumer purchases, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Manage digital marketing efforts with a clear focus on return on investment and brand success metrics
- Develop omni-channel eCommerce strategy to support key channels like, e-Retail, Wholesaler B2B sites, on demand delivery (i.e., Instacart, Drizly) and direct to consumer
- Recommend and build appropriate TWG eCommerce team
- Accountable for customer and channel performance vs. plan based on aligned key performance indicators
- Educate the organization on best practices and become a thought partner for our key retail customers
- Recommend and build a Customer Relationship Management (CRM)strategy and execution plan to provide TWG access to 1st party data for building consumer relationships
- Lead, manage, and partner with DTC virtual channels to include both eCommerce and wine club marketing (I.e., Benziger Family Winery, Imagery Estate Winery, Concannon Vineyards and TWG’s Little Wine Market commercial brand DTC
- Lead strategy for DTC software transformation. Collaborate with IT, sales, marketing, and finance to advance DTC software for future TWG ecommerce growth plans
- Bachelor’s degree in Digital Marketing, Business, or relevant field. MBA, a plus.
- 10+ years direct experience in eCommerce including business operations or equivalent experience
- Demand Creator: Talented “front-end marketer” - understands consumer insights, able to integrate marketing strategies and tactics into all consumer touch points
- Proven project management skills: business development and rapid scale up
- Experience with P and L Management
- Extensive knowledge of eCommerce technology and sophisticated analytics
- Outstanding analytical skills, experience interpreting test results and drawing conclusions
- Demonstrated strong business judgment and decision-making skills; ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate highest impact initiatives
- Outstanding communication skills both verbal and written and experience working with team members at all levels
- Demonstrated decision maker and resourceful problem solver
- Demonstrated competency in strategic planning and business development
- Thorough understanding and application of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in an office environment.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds (weight of case of wine) at varying frequencies
- Position operates in a professional office environment
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Digital Mktng, e-Commerce
- Job Function Marketing
- Pay Type Salary
- The Wine Group, 4596 Tesla Rd., Livermore, California, United States of America