Winery Operations Coordinator
The Winery Operations Coordinator performs a wide variety of administrative functions for the Winery, Operations and Vineyard team at Benziger Family Winery and reports to the Operations Manager. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, providing administrative and clerical support to the winery operations team. Duties include data entry using winemaking and vineyard tracking system, generating, and tracking purchase orders, receiving and processing invoices, budgeting, record keeping and filing. Interface and support communication with Accounts Payable, Human Resources, Winemaking, Vineyards, Operations, Packaging and EHSS teams. Assist Operations Manager to maintain and ensure compliance with site regulatory requirements.
- Must be able to interact and effectively communicate with all personnel, vendors, contractors, and peers in a team environment.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Data entry for Winemaking and Vineyard team using JDE and AgCode or similar tracking systems
- Assist with routing invoices to Accounts Payable after manager approval; this process includes coding, obtaining signatures, photocopying, filing at facility, sending over to Accounts Payable and tracking
- Assist with month-end inventory of bulk wine, cased goods, barrels, and packaging materials.
- Assist with Intelex; completes tasks, uploads documents, updates permit, assist others with technical support
- Download data from JDE, and/or other production systems, to create reports
- Track safety tailgate attendance and facilitate makeup training when required
- Assist Operations Manager and Facilities Manager with keeping all binders up to date with the most current information for: Safety Training and Tailgates, Safety Manual, Wastewater, Domestic Water Supply, Permits, etc.
- Assist with Biodynamic, Organic and Sustainable certification process
- Preparatory support for tastings, visits, etc.
- Provide support to other departments and outside vendors as needed
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Develop and utilizes spreadsheets and databases
- Coordinate outbound shipping via FedEx, UPS, and/or DHL as required by personnel
- Photocopying, faxing, filing of documents
- Order supplies for office as needed
- Create sample labels as required
- Seasonal assistance with:
- Daily harvest tag checks
- Verify all crush paperwork is accounted for and filled out correctly
- Act as deputy Weigh Master as needed
- Assist in Coordination of packaging materials for bottling
- Must be 21 years or older at time of hire.
- 3-4 years prior administrative experience required in a winery or manufacturing environment
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and provide follow-up
- Familiarity with wine movement and terminology preferred
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to understand departmental operations and procedures
- Ability to contribute to positive work atmosphere by communicating with customers, vendors, colleagues, and management
- Detail oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Support and model all company procedures and policies
- Must embrace and demonstrate The Wine Group Core Values - Performance, Empowered and Cost-mindful, and keep them in mind when making all decisions
- Demonstrated reliability and punctuality, work effectively in team/crew environment, adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds at varying frequencies
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in an office environment.
- Working environment is both indoors and outdoors, with exposure to related equipment and noise levels
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Winery Operations
- Job Function Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- The Wine Group, 1883 London Ranch Rd., Glen Ellen, California, United States of America