Special Events Supervisor - Concannon Vineyard
At The Wine Group we are passionate about our people, our future and our wine. We are America’s second largest wine producer by volume with over 1,200 employees globally across 12 locations in California, New York and Australia. We are proud to be responsible for many of America’s most beloved wine brands, including Cupcake, Franzia, Chloe, Concannon, Benziger, Imagery, AVA Grace, 7 Deadly and more. We are dedicated to our culture built on values like entrepreneurialism, innovation, social responsibility and stewardship. To learn about us and our career opportunities, check us out at www.thewinegroup.com and then come join the exciting journey at The Wine Group.
The Special Events Supervisor is primarily responsible for increasing Concannon Vineyard Hospitality business from private, consumer and corporate private experiences, this position fosters building strong, loyal, long-term relationships between visitors and Concannon Vineyard.
- Manage and execute private experiences for the Special Events Department
- Soliciting and booking new and repeat business, contract negotiations, and new business development
- Strategic implementation of creative strategies for promoting and acquiring increased revenue from consumer and corporate business
- Short-term and long-term planning for meeting and exceeding budgetary goals as well as overall goals
- Increasing wine sales, wine club memberships, and repeat winery visitorship as a direct result of successfully coordinating and increasing these private experiences with consumers and businesses
- Manage sales and execution of events including, internal and external corporate groups, wine tasting experiences, social events, and weddings.
- Envision, plan, promote, execute and sell all privates experiences while ensuring exemplary customer service
- Be responsible for and integrally involved in strategic hiring, orientation, scheduling, training and evaluating special events staff
- Conduct guided tours as needed for for private event sales
- Utilize online reservation systems for effective booking and communication with clients.
- Handles routine purchase transactions, which includes operation a cash register and accounting of daily sales and bank deposits
- Run a bi-weekly, detailed report on upcoming private events and communicate schedule to all staff and Special Events team
- Work with the Events Manager to coordinate venues, event details, timelines, staffing, etc.
- Be onsite to welcome groups to the property and assist Estate Ambassadors and Special Events Staff as needed.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and other meetings as required
- Consistently communicate with events staff regarding expectations of the management team, and the client.
- Provide weekly updates on comprehensive tracking sheet of ongoing profitability of private events
- Each month, create reports for staff and management on details of current totals
- Act as a customer service representative handling customer complaints and praises
- Effectively and professionally communicate with all personnel, vendors, contractors and peers
- Complete appropriate documentation as required
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- College Degree preferred
- Must have two to five years’ experience in sales, preferably in the hospitality industry
- Must have fundamental wine knowledge
- Must be TIPS certified and/or have the ability to be certified
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid California Drivers License
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
- Must possess computer skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Must display integrity, character and strong leadership skills
- Must be able to work overtime and any shift
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, follow-up and work in a fast-paced environment under pressure
- Demonstrated reliability and punctuality, work effectively in team/crew environment, adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry weights of up to 50 pounds at varying frequencies
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in the performance of various tasks
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Hospitality
- Job Function Hospitality
- Pay Type Hourly
- The Wine Group, 4596 Tesla Rd., Livermore, California, United States of America