Facilities Maintenance Manager
The Facilities Maintenance Manager reports to the Madera Plant Manager. Position is responsible for but not limited to: Managing all facility maintenance areas, supervision and development of Maintenance Technicians, Admin Assistant, personnel scheduling, training, and safety. Additionally, this position will be responsible for annual capital plan development, justification, and execution as well as maintenance budgetary control, material requisition approval, and dealing with outside vendors. Utilize computer maintenance software and programs. Work closely with operations staff to balance maintenance and production needs. This person will drive a proactive maintenance strategy through the use and implementation of industry best practices like TPM and RCM tools and methods. As an integral part of the plant management team, they will support production to minimize line downtime, assist with process and operations, and improve operational efficiency. They will develop, implement, and analyze working methodologies to improve manufacturing efficiency and reliability, increasing asset utilization and reducing costs. Expectation is to develop a culture of loss control and prevention, emphasizing continuous improvement. This person will have significant responsibility for driving change management in the facility.
- Responsible for all the maintenance upkeep and continuous improvements of facility equipment, finished wine supply and all other support equipment
- Supervise and develop Maintenance Technicians and Operator skills. Effective communication (verbal/written), problem solving, decision-making, coaching, training, etc.
- Ensure that all maintenance tasks whether through outside vendors and/ or internal Technicians are in compliance with company and governmental requirements especially safety and sanitation.
- Results-driven: set and meet deadlines in an ever-changing production environment and a willingness to work when needed.
- Strategic thinking: develop an overall site asset maintenance strategy and the tactical plans for implementation. Manage the maintenance budget while delivering higher asset productivity through reduction of maintenance related downtime.
- Measure efficient maintenance planning, scheduling, and tracking using CMMS.
- Lead engineering effort in equipment selection and implementation of capital projects including start-ups as well as identification and resolution of chronic equipment downtime issues.
- Culture: increase employees' knowledge and skills to identify root cause problem solving and make effective repairs that result in less downtime.
- Manage plant PM system, inspection routines, work order scheduling.
- Close interaction with Production, Quality, Planning, Engineering and Finance.
- Define and monitor KPI's (key performance indicators) and targets that lead to effective maintenance in support of operations.
- Develop and execute short- and long-term capital plans to improve productivity, costs, and quality.
- Accountability metrics include improving overall asset reliability and reducing unscheduled downtime and maintenance costs through oversight for all technical aspects of the facility.
- Create and manage large-scale capital projects for the facility operations.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred
- 7+ years related experience in the production/ manufacturing environment
- Familiar with industrial electronics/electrical, ammonia refrigeration, pneumatics, mechanical systems, hydraulics, building construction, blueprints, processing equipment, boilers, PLC's and VFD's
- Strong computer skills relating to CMMS/work order system and MS Office suite
- Committed to safety, quality, and productivity
- Knowledge of OSHA and other FED/State rules and regulations including environmental.
- Capital and project management experience
- Department leadership: Must attain respect of all personnel through effective leadership. Possess and demonstrate Preventative and Predictive Maintenance. Management knowledge and have a strong grasp of cost drivers, vendor choices, planning, scheduling. Must develop and execute annual budget
- Naturally strive for continuous improvements in all areas of responsibility and keep current with technological advancements
- Demonstrated reliability and punctuality, work effectively in team/crew environment, adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and in a primarily office and occasionally in a production environment
- Working environment has exposure to related warehouse equipment and associated noise levels
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Facilities Maintenance
- Job Function Operations
- Pay Type Salary
- The Wine Group, 22004 Road 24, Madera, California, United States of America