Hospitality Event Runner - Benziger Family Winery
At The Wine Group we are passionate about our people, our future and our wine. We are America’s second largest wine producer by volume with over 1,200 employees globally across 12 locations in California, New York and Australia. We are proud to be responsible for many of America’s most beloved wine brands, including Cupcake, Franzia, Chloe, Concannon, Benziger, Imagery, AVA Grace, 7 Deadly and more. We are dedicated to our culture built on values like entrepreneurialism, innovation, social responsibility and stewardship. To learn about us and our career opportunities, check us out at www.thewinegroup.com and then come join the exciting journey at The Wine Group.
Under the direction of the Assistant Events Manager, the Part-time Hospitality Events Runner is responsible for event set up, breakdown, hospitality inventory management and more. Additionally, this position is responsible for assisting with other duties in the Hospitality and Events Department. This is a part-time position with up to 29 hours per week.
*The base compensation is very competitive and is further enhanced by generous employee discounts, and opportunity to participate in wine sales and wine club commission programs, and tips.
- Set tables, chairs, linens, wine glasses etc. for events per BEO provided by Events team
- Pull wine and other event supplies in preparation for event(s)
- Breakdown and clean up event spaces upon event conclusion
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly, and courteous service always
- Track Hospitality supplies inventory, receive and store supplies
- Maintain and keep storage areas orderly
- Assist with execution of events which include pouring wine, greeting guests, adhering to event timeline
- Close and secure venue(s) concluding event(s)
- Maintain service stations in a clean and orderly fashion throughout shift
- Assist in routine cleaning of indoor and outdoor event spaces, and ensure areas are presentable for our patrons
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must be 21 years of age
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, follow-up and work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be flexible in working weekend/special events
- At least one (1) year experience in hospitality industry, preferably in a tasting room, event or restaurant capacity
- Customer service experience preferred
- Must have ability to be ServSafe certified
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with attention to detail
- Must have interest in wine
- Demonstrate reliability and punctuality, work effectively in team/crew environment, adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Position requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping, twisting, and lifting banquet tables and cases of wine
- Must be able to travel between facilities
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Hospitality
- Job Function Hospitality
- Pay Type Hourly
- The Wine Group, 1883 London Ranch Rd., Glen Ellen, California, United States of America