Temporary Inventory Control Coordinator
We strive to have the best-in-class Warehouse Operations. The Temporary Inventory Control Coordinator will have a direct impact on developing and driving best in class inventory management processes. This role will cross-functionally work with a variety of departments including Purchasing/Planning, Technical Operations, Quality, Customer Service, and Warehouse Operations to ensure inventory and materials accuracy. The Inventory Coordinator will leverage information systems, process, and communications to optimize inventory and space, so the correct inventory and materials are at the right place, at the right time. This is a temporary position with full time hours until approximately January 2022. Must be flexible to work any shift (day, swing, or graveyard), but will be assigned a primary shift.
- Support and execute best in class warehouse, material handling, and inventory management operations.
- Develop, update, and maintain a strong and clear understanding of inventory management standard operating procedures.
- Leverage JDE/WMS/AS400 to support inventory management processes.
- Prepare and analyze various reports (inventory, production, cycle count, etc.); make recommendations and/or take appropriate action.
- Actively participates in safety activities, continuous improvement, and small-team problem solving.
- Execute, manage, or oversee various day-to-day inventory management processes (i.e., cycle counting, mis-shipments, grocery outlet, wine sale, Holds, etc.)
- Monitor product/material velocity and adjust warehouse space and locations accordingly.
- Prepare and participate in physical inventories.
- Reconcile production, inventory, or materials to validate system receipts.
- Understands and displays teamwork with all shifts towards meeting departmental goals and metrics.
- Differentiate between acceptable and unacceptable product; act to quarantine, communicate, and rectify any nonconforming products.
- Understand and use computer, scan gun, and other warehouse technology to conduct efficient and effective operations.
- Completes necessary physical and virtual records for operational and audit purposes.
- Train other team members in routine work responsibilities of the job according to standard operating procedure.
- Assist in relief or backfilling Shipping Clerk and other Inventory Coordinators as needed.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of general functions; it does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Must be 18 or older at time of hire.
- Must have a 2-year degree or equivalent work experience in an Inventory Coordinator position.
- Must possess advanced keyboard and personal computer skills (Proficient in Word and Excel). Must demonstrate an aptitude and be willing to learn AS400, JDE, WMS, Outlook and/or equivalent.
- Ability to comprehend and carry out oral and written directives.
- Ability to read and write English and perform basic mathematical calculations validated by a proficiency exam.
- Must be able to pass all applicable testing.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities, in a fast-paced environment while under pressure to meet changing customer demands, all while maintaining a high attention to detail.
- Ability to work with a minimum of direct supervision, which includes the ability to use independent judgment regarding work tasks.
- Demonstrates TWG core values and maintains professional communication, positive attitude, and cooperative relations with all team members and management.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude towards the job and the duties assigned; exhibit initiative to continually learn and improve professional skills.
- Ability to understand, and support management direction.
- Demonstrate and maintain an excellent safety, Food Safety/Quality, operational, discipline, and attendance record.
- Ability to work any shift (day, swing, and graveyard), inside and outside subject to current weather conditions, plus overtime as required by the company.
- Ability to identify, report, and provide potential solutions to any problems or issues.
- Ability to perform lifting of weights up to 50 lbs. throughout the shift, as well as tasks requiring walking for substantial lengths of time, bending, stooping, and twisting.
- Must be comfortable with and able to work on the production/warehouse floor around equipment.
- Occasional exposure to noise, heat, cold, odor.
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Warehouse/Distribution/Logistics
- Job Function Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- The Wine Group, 17000 E. Highway 120, Ripon, California, United States of America