Under the direction of Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Technician is responsible for multiple tasks which may include but not limited to maintenance and repair of all plant equipment (including facility and grounds). Troubleshooting and repairing mechanical and industrial electrical as well as Industrial PLC’s. Fabrication of equipment, including use of various welding techniques; MIG, TIG and stick welding.
- Responsible for all the maintenance upkeep and continuous improvements of equipment, buildings/grounds, etc.
- Ability to learn and comply with all corporate and department work safety rules, including LOTO, Arc Flash, and Confined Space
- Ensure to work in compliance with company and governmental requirements including regulatory, safety, and sanitation
- Responsible for repair, modification and maintaining winery equipment and building facilities
- Maintains accurate and legible required records and inventory of equipment/parts
- Recommend changes in systems, processes, and equipment to reduce cost and/or improve the mechanical efficiency of production
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job.
- Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Must be 18 years or older at time of hire.
- Must have a high school degree or equivalent, with some technical schooling/training preferred
- Minimum 5 years maintenance experience (preferably in the wine/food industry)
- Basic certified Industrial Electrical training or 5 years on hand experience Working knowledge of PLC’s and related equipment (VFD’s and controls)
- Working knowledge of Pneumatic and Hydraulic Systems and Controls
- Working knowledge of Refrigeration Systems (Ammonia RETA Certified)
- Blueprint literate (mechanical and electrical)
- Must be able to work in confined spaces and areas
- Must be able to diagnose and estimate time required for proper repairs
- Ability to work with Process Safety Management, HAACP, ISO and Plant Safety Team and programs
- Must have the ability to read, write, speak, and understand instructions in English
- Ability to multitask, work independently and with a team in a fast-paced, high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Must be flexible with shift schedule
- Must have an excellent safety, work performance and attendance record
- Prioritize while able to adapt to changing priorities
- Demonstrated reliability and punctuality, work effectively in team/crew environment, adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures.
- Position will be exposed to indoor and outdoor environments with varying noise levels
- Employee is exposed to wet or humid conditions
- Exposed to inclement seasonal weather, summer heat, cold weather, rain
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, and twisting in the warehouse environment
- Must be able to work effectively at heights of 40 feet and higher
- Must be able to bend, stoop, twist, and work in very tight places at varying frequencies and durations throughout the day
- Must be able to repeatedly climb tank stairs/vertical tank ladders, and enter tanks through the manhole following required confined space safety procedures
- Must be able to repeatedly lift and carry weights up to 50 pounds at varying frequencies with equipment
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Facilities Maintenance
- Job Function Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- The Wine Group, 22004 Road 24, Madera, California, United States of America