Assistant Events Manager - Benziger Family Winery
We are searching for a passionate and enthusiastic Assistant Events Manager to join our dynamic, high-energy DTC Hospitality and Events team. Reporting to the Sr. Hospitality and Events Manager, the Assistant Events Manager will be responsible for the coordination, execution, staff management and supervision of all aspects of every event at Benziger and Imagery wineries. This role is accountable for providing exceptional customer service and hospitality while overseeing all event details, to include assisting with set-up and breakdown, for private, public and corporate groups, Wine Club members and internal company events. Additionally, this position manages scheduling, payroll, training, and daily activities for Hospitality Associates (Runners) and Events staff.
As an integral part of Benziger Family Winery and Imagery Estate Winery’s Hospitality and Events team, the Assistant Events Manager will represent the winery as a brand ambassador sharing our unique points of differentiation with guests. They will exemplify Benziger and Imagery’s Hospitality standards; presenting a welcoming, genuine, gracious and open persona to guests and employees alike.
*The base compensation is very competitive and is further enhanced by generous employee discounts, and opportunity to participate in wine sales and wine club commission programs, and tips.
- Interfaces with guests and functions as event coordinator to ensure exceptional hospitality and service levels at events
- Responsible for booking all private social group tours and tastings for both Benziger and Imagery properties
- Works cohesively with our Corporate Sales Manager, making the contract to execution seamless
- Creates BEO and event layouts for service and install with enough lead time before events
- Effectively leads site tours with prospective clients, promoting and marketing event spaces and key benefits of hosting events at Benziger and Imagery wineries
- During events, directs in-house and vendor staff to ensure that events are executed in an efficient and satisfactory manner
- Addresses event-related challenges as they arise to ensure guest satisfaction and efficiency
- Manages Hospitality Associates (Runners) and Events staff; responsible for hiring, scheduling, payroll, training, assigning daily activities and coordinating tasks in areas related to event set up, clean up and closing procedures, and making certain that event venues are professional, organized, clean and following safety policies and protocols
- Responsible for events supplies inventory, and keeping inventory updated, e.g. linens, glassware, chairs, tables, blending supplies etc.
- Accountable for verifying rental equipment and reconciling any discrepancies from delivery and return invoices
- Requests and maintains all additional insurances and permitting needed for events
- Demonstrates successful sales skills and behaviors by creating exceptional guest experiences; promotes wine and non-wine sales, Wine Club memberships, and upsells experiences
- Proactively identifies opportunities/challenges and suggests methods to improve event operations, efficiency and serve levels to customers
- Communicates guest, operational, staff and facility-related issues to the Sr. Hospitality and Events Manager or facilities team regularly and consistently
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Must be 21 years of age
- College degree in retail/business management or hospitality, or equivalent experience, strongly preferred
- Minimum 2 years of special event management experience
- 5+ years of events experience, with emphasis in fine dining events and beverage service preferred
- Knowledge of food and beverage operations and service delivery
- Strong attention to detail and proactivity. Ability to multi-task, follow-up, and work in a fast-paced environment under pressure
- Versatility, flexibility, aptitude to problem-solve quickly, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Excellent verbal, written, public speaking and presentation skills; must be comfortable in front of large and small audiences
- Friendly, positive, and professional disposition when dealing with guests, vendors, and team members
- Team player who models teamwork
- Ambassador for Benziger and Imagery wineries onsite and within the community
- Ability to promote the sites, wines, and Wine Clubs of Benziger and Imagery in many diverse environments
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Demonstrated reliability, punctuality, and adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures
- Proficiency with company computer systems, software, and reports to include Outlook, Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, POS and Gather systems and general Internet navigation
- Must hold a valid driver’s license
- Full time position with Tuesday – Saturday schedule; flexible 40 hours a week including evenings and weekends as assigned
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry weights of up to 50 pounds at varying frequencies
- Ability to operate various types of machinery to include, but not limited to golf carts, hand trucks, dishwashers etc.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in the performance of various tasks
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Hospitality
- Job Function Hospitality
- Pay Type Salary
- The Wine Group, 1883 London Ranch Rd., Glen Ellen, California, United States of America