The Logistics Coordinator works diligently to ensure that the logistics function within TWG is executed in a professional, timely, and customer service focused manner. Interacts with Customer Service and Distribution internally and external vendors as well. This position manages freight claims for the company ensuring timely resolution to claims both from distributors and for our own internal freight movements. This position also handles the logistics scheduling for imports and works closely with receiving wineries and warehouses to ensure the import schedule is attainable.
- Coordinate rail shipping schedule. Schedule rail car shipments including but not limited to car ordering, tracing, and monitoring problems. This includes managing railcar supply to ensure that demurrage charges are minimized.
- Book loads with carriers.
- OSD – Over/Short/Damage
- This position manages the overall claims process system informing other departments as necessary on claim status.
- Resolve shipping issues with distributors.
- Process and manage freight claims.
- Interface with customer service on distribution and shipping issues.
- Process audit exceptions in Synced freight payment system.
- Process and monitor accessorial, detention and demurrage charges.
- Coordinate and communicate transportation issues between Shipping department and carriers.
- Primary carrier contact for problem solving.
- Serve as an internal resource for Logistics questions and needs from other TWG departments and personnel.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not restrict the tasks management needs to be accomplished.
- Must be 18 years or older at time of hire.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and under pressure.
- Strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to be flexible with changing priorities and to meet changing customer requirements.
- Ability to lead and motivate effectively within a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to understand, and support management direction.
- Must be effective communicator and trainer.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with other departments, such as sales, planning, accounting and with customers.
- Support and model all company procedures and policies.
- Embrace and demonstrate The Wine Group’s Values: Long-Term Sustainable Value Creation, Relentlessly Entrepreneurial, Empowered People, and Responsible and Trustworthy.
- Possess the ability to work in a fast-paced Warehousing and Logistics environment
- Working environment has exposure to related warehouse equipment and associated noise levels.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in the warehouse environment.
- Primary work activities are within an office environment.
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Warehouse/Distribution/Logistics
- Job Function Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- The Wine Group, 17000 E. Highway 120, Ripon, California, United States of America