Racker and Blender I
The Wine Group, 17000 E. Highway 120, Ripon, California, United States of America Req #882
Monday, September 13, 2021
At The Wine Group we are passionate about our people, our future and our wine. We are America’s second largest wine producer by volume with over 1,200 employees globally across 12 locations in California, New York and Australia. We are proud to be responsible for many of America’s most beloved wine brands, including Cupcake, Franzia, Chloe, Concannon, Benziger, Imagery, AVA Grace, 7 Deadly and more. We are dedicated to our culture built on values like entrepreneurialism, innovation, social responsibility and stewardship. To learn about us and our career opportunities, check us out at www.thewinegroup.com and then come join the exciting journey at The Wine Group.
Racker and Blender is responsible for wine movement to and from various tanks, blending wine types. Ideal candidates will have prior Racker and Blender or related cellar experience, or 4+ years of experience involving consistent heavy lifting. Forklift experience is a plus. Must be flexible to work all 3 shifts (day, swing, graveyard).
- Repeatedly climb 60 feet tank stairs/vertical tank ladders, enter tanks through the manhole and perform all functions of the Racker and Blender classification, including proper sanitation techniques.
- Consistent heavy lifting. Operating a forklift and other winery-related machinery.
- Enforce the Company’s work and safety rules.
- Maintain excellent attendance, work performance and safety record.
- Work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Read gauges accurately and calculations associated with Racker and Blender duties.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude towards the job, duties assigned, and initiative to continually learn and improve Racker and Blender skills.
- Maintain professional competency as outlined in qualification matrix for Cellar classification. Failure to demonstrate work performance standards as evaluated by the Supervisor in accordance with the qualification standards will result in disqualification. Supervision will have an end of week discussion with trainer and trainee to assess the progress of the trainee.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Must be 18 or older at the time of hire
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must be able to read, write and speak English. Must be able to comprehend and carry out written and verbal orders.
- Prior experience as a Racker and Blender or related cellar position preferred, or strong experience doing manual labor requiring consistent heavy lifting.
- Forklift experience preferred.
- Must be able to work overtime on any shift (day, swing, and graveyard).
- Must be able to pass all applicable testing.
- Must have physical ability to move, change and connect pumps and hoses to pipelines. This ability must include a familiarity with the winery pipeline arrangement.
- Physical Strength: Active work; Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs., occasionally.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, and twisting in a production and outdoors environment.
- Ability to work at heights up to 50 feet.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Winery Operations
- Job Function Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- The Wine Group, 17000 E. Highway 120, Ripon, California, United States of America