Seasonal Test Stand Operator
The Seasonal Test Stand Operator reports to the Cellar Logistics Manager and is a temporary position for the grape harvest season. Under limited supervision, this position performs general test stand sampling work, including; sampling grape trucks; cleaning and sanitizing test stand, test stand equipment, sample buckets, bins, beakers, sinks, table tops, and related areas; operating mechanically assisted sampling probe or back-up manual probe, assisting other personnel; general cleaning and other test stand sampling related tasks. May work with household chemicals, lifting lug bins or buckets weighing up 50 lbs. and at heights up to 5 ft. Main hours vary with grape ripening, but graveyard hours between 11pm to 9am, plus overtime. Ideal candidate is flexible to work this type of schedule through October or November, has a positive can-do attitude, and is able to work hard and pull their own weight on a small, closely-knit Test Stand team.
*Additional Stay Pay Bonus opportunity for staying the entire harvest season!*
- Sampling grape trucks.
- Lifting heavy lug bins or buckets.
- Operation of basic hand tools.
- Cleaning and sanitizing test stand and related equipment.
- General housekeeping and cleaning tasks including sweeping, scooping up debris, pulling weeds, using a shovel, using water hoses for wash-down of grounds or buildings, using spraying equipment, power washer, and washing equipment.
- Operating sampling probes.
- Working with limited direct supervision and using independent judgment regarding work tasks.
- Help others on team and train another worker in routine work responsibilities of the job.
- Work at heights up to 5 feet.
- Remaining alert and operating all machinery and equipment while performing job tasks in a safe and efficient manner to prevent injury to the employee and himself/herself and others in the employee’s work area.
- This job description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Will perform other essential job functions as required.
- Must be 18 or older at the time of hire.
- No experience in a production or manufacturing environment required.
- Must have the ability to read, write, speak, and understand instructions in English.
- Ability to multitask, work independently and with a team in a fast-paced, high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Must be flexible with availability, with primary working hours being graveyard appx. 12am - 9am, plus overtime.
- Operation of basic hand tools.
- Must have an excellent safety, work performance and attendance record.
- Prioritize while able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Demonstrated reliability and punctuality, work effectively in team/crew environment, adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures.
- Position will be exposed to indoor and outdoor environments with varying noise levels.
- Ability to work outside and exposure to dry, wet, or humid conditions.
- Exposed to inclement seasonal weather, summer heat, cold weather, rain.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, and twisting in an outdoor environment.
- Must be able to repeatedly lift and carry weights up to 50 pounds at varying frequencies with equipment.
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Vineyard Ops/Grower Relations
- Job Function Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- The Wine Group, 17000 E. Highway 120, Ripon, California, United States of America