Wine Specialist - Concannon Vineyard
At The Wine Group we are passionate about our people, our future and our wine. We are America’s second largest wine producer by volume with over 1,200 employees globally across 12 locations in California, New York and Australia. We are proud to be responsible for many of America’s most beloved wine brands, including Cupcake, Franzia, Chloe, Concannon, Benziger, Imagery, AVA Grace, 7 Deadly and more. We are dedicated to our culture built on values like entrepreneurialism, innovation, social responsibility and stewardship. To learn about us and our career opportunities, check us out at www.thewinegroup.com and then come join the exciting journey at The Wine Group.
Under the direction of the Tasting Room Manager, Concannon Vineyard - the Wine Specialist serves as the first point of contact for our customers. This role is a Concannon brand ambassador that will carry out exceptional customer experience, wine education that results in sales for the Concannon Estate. As a result, the appearance, mannerisms, and personality exemplifies the very first guest impression and response of our establishment. The candidate should possess wine bar and/or restaurant experience, should have a super-charged, customer-focused attitude, and a vibrant enthusiasm for wine and food and the wine lifestyle.
Concannon Vineyard will teach you everything you need to know about our wines and history; however, we do expect you to have genuine interest and great enthusiasm for learning more about wine and for communicating Concannon history and accomplishments. You must have excellent verbal and interpersonal skills and must enjoy conversing and interacting with people from around the world. Successful candidates will also be those who take personal leadership responsibility in providing outstanding service and friendliness that exceeds expectations with every customer in order to build authentic, loyal customer relationships and to increase wine and wine club membership sales.
*The base compensation is very competitive and is further enhanced by generous employee discounts, and opportunity to participate in wine sales and wine club commission programs, and tips.
- California has thousands of tasting rooms, but only the best offer new and unforgettable experiences. Delighting and surprising our customers with a fantastic experience at our winery is at the center of our attention and must be yours as well
- Assist with outside tastings and winery events
- Assist customers with wine, wine club membership and other purchases. This may include transporting wine and non-wine purchases to the customer’s vehicle from the stock room or tasting room
- Maintain a high level of relevant Concannon wine and Concannon Vineyard knowledge by remaining familiar with current press information, memos, marketing information and other wine related publications provided to you
- Maintain competence with computer functions, including retail POS systems
- Answer telephones, process orders, and provide customer service
- Perform cashier operations, including tasting room opening and closing
- Perform periodic wine and non-wine inventories
- Perform routine housekeeping, organization, and stocking tasks
- Required to work evenings, weekends and holidays
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be 21 years of age or older at time of hire
- Must work a minimum of 4 weekend days per month
- Must be available holiday weekends and as needed for special events (weekends, evenings and holidays)
- Minimum of 1- 2 years of experience food/wine industry
- Professional appearance and demeanor when dealing with guests and vendors
- Experience working with fine wine and food in a customer service focused environment Proven customer service skills is a must
- Sound general wine knowledge with a commitment to excellent knowledge and enthusiasm for the wines served in our wine bar and tasting room
- Highly motivated, hospitality- and sales-driven with an outstanding work ethic
- Experience in making weekly schedules for restaurant staff
- Works well with others at all levels and departments
- Must have ability to become ServSafe certified
- Must be or become TIPS certified
- Demonstrated reliability and punctuality, work effectively in team/crew environment, adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures
- Must be able to stand for an extended period of time
- Working environment has exposure to both indoors and outdoors
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, both indoors and outdoors
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Hospitality
- Job Function Hospitality
- Pay Type Hourly
- The Wine Group, 4596 Tesla Rd., Livermore, California, United States of America