Tasting Room Runner - Imagery Estate Winery ($300 Hiring Incentive)
At The Wine Group we are passionate about our people, our future and our wine. We are America’s second largest wine producer by volume with over 1,200 employees globally across 12 locations in California, New York and Australia. We are proud to be responsible for many of America’s most beloved wine brands, including Cupcake, Franzia, Chloe, Concannon, Benziger, Imagery, AVA Grace, 7 Deadly and more. We are dedicated to our culture built on values like entrepreneurialism, innovation, social responsibility and stewardship. To learn about us and our career opportunities, check us out at www.thewinegroup.com and then come join the exciting journey at The Wine Group.
*The base compensation is very competitive and is further enhanced by generous employee discounts, and opportunity to participate in wine sales and wine club commission programs, and tips.
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly, and courteous service always
- Wash dishes, glassware, flatware, and other serve ware using conventional dishwasher
- Maintain service stations in a clean and orderly fashion throughout shift
- Stock wines and merchandise consistently throughout shift
- Set and clear tables and tasting bars
- Keep floor free and clear of broken glass, water, and other debris during service
- Assist in routine cleaning of varied Tasting Room service areas to ensure areas are presentable for patrons.
- At opening and closing, organize and clean indoor and outdoor furniture
- Empty trash and recycling bins throughout the day (e.g. inside Tasting Rooms, parking lots and outdoor service areas)
- Set-up and break-down all umbrellas in guest areas
- Support for inventory and merchandising, as needed
- Engage in sales development program to learn how to educate and present the portfolio of wines and facilitate sales, including by-the-bottle and by-the-glass service
- Learn POS systems to manage wine and merchandise transactions, as needed
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must be 21 years of age
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, follow-up, and work in a fast-paced environment under pressure
- Must work a minimum of 2 weekends (Saturday and Sunday) a month, holiday weekends, and as needed for special events, (weekends, evenings, and holidays)
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with attention to detail
- Interest in wine a plus
- Experience with POS systems a plus
- Demonstrated reliability and punctuality, work effectively in team/crew environment, adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to operate various types of machinery to include, but not limited to, lift trucks, hand trucks, dishwashers etc.
- Position requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping, twisting, and repetitive hand and wrist motion
- Must be able to travel between facilities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, both indoors and outdoors
- Job Family Hospitality
- Job Function Hospitality
- Pay Type Hourly
- The Wine Group, 1883 London Ranch Rd., Glen Ellen, California, United States of America