Racker and Blender
The Wine Group, 2916 S. Reed Ave., Sanger, California, United States of America Req #925
Saturday, October 2, 2021
At The Wine Group we are passionate about our people, our future and our wine. We are America’s second largest wine producer by volume with over 1,200 employees globally across 12 locations in California, New York and Australia. We are proud to be responsible for many of America’s most beloved wine brands, including Cupcake, Franzia, Chloe, Concannon, Benziger, Imagery, AVA Grace, 7 Deadly and more. We are dedicated to our culture built on values like entrepreneurialism, innovation, social responsibility and stewardship. To learn about us and our career opportunities, check us out at www.thewinegroup.com and then come join the exciting journey at The Wine Group.
Under limited supervision, Racker and Blender performs routine cellar chores involving wine movements. Must know all cellar operations and tank locations. Works on multiple tasks requiring bending, lifting, climbing, pulling, and pushing. Must be physically capable of performing the functions of the job.
- Responsible for setting up, monitoring, moving, and breaking down all wine or juice movements excluding machine operations.
- Responsible for sanitation of work area, lines, pumps, and other related equipment.
- Working from, and completing, work orders.
- Must be able to speak, read and write in English and perform simple arithmetic.
- Must be able to lift and carry weights in excess of up to 75 lbs. - at varying frequency and duration.
- Using portable pumps, hoses, and other related equipment.
- Measuring, sampling, and taking temperature of tanks.
- Loading and unloading tanker trucks and containers.
- Adding SO2 and chemical treatments to wine and juice.
- Will be responsible for two (2) or more rack operations concurrently.
- Must be able to repeatedly climb 50’ tank stairs/vertical tank ladders, enter tanks through the manhole.
- Perform work at heights of 50’ for varying durations.
- Perform various tasks inside enclosed confined spaces (tanks, sumps, etc.) for varying durations.
- Forklift certification is required to complete miscellaneous equipment movements and empty trash receptacles.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Must be 18 years or older at time of hire.
- Must be able to comprehend and carry out written and verbal orders in English.
- Must have excellent attendance and safety record.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Must be able to perform simple math calculations.
- Must be available to work any shift, and overtime as assigned. This includes 7 days per week during harvest.
- Possess the adequate knowledge to operate pumps in a safe and efficient manner.
- Be familiar with winery pipelines and manifolds.
- The ability to demonstrate a basic knowledge of wine types and the skill to compare accuracy of product movements with the work order.
- Be able to demonstrate average mechanical aptitude.
- The ability to gauge tanks accurately and be able to pass a basic skills test in fractions.
- The ability to document accurate data in written form through the completion of standardized forms.
- Must pass required physical and fit testing for respirator.
- Must be able to lift and carry weights of up to 55 lbs. at varying frequency and duration.
- Must be able to repeatedly climb stairs/vertical tank ladders at heights of 40’ and higher.
- Work at various heights and awkward positions
- Work with hazardous chemicals and wear a face mask and appropriate PPE.
- Requires bending, lifting, climbing, pulling, and pushing.
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Winery Operations
- Job Function Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- The Wine Group, 2916 S. Reed Ave., Sanger, California, United States of America