Racker and Blender
Racker and Blenders work on multiple tasks, including blending wine types together in tanks, hook up lines and transfer product, gauge levels, wash tanks and lines, use transfer pumps, rack wine tanks to separate fluid and lees in tanks, and setting up lines for the chiller. Ideal candidates will have prior Racker and Blender or related cellar experience, or 2+ years of experience involving consistent heavy lifting. Forklift experience is a plus. Must be flexible to work all 3 shifts (day, swing, graveyard).
- Blending wine types together in tanks, hook up lines and transfer product, gauge levels, wash tanks and lines, use transfer pumps, rack wine tanks to separate fluid and lees in tanks, and setting up lines for the chiller.
- Comprehend and carry out written and verbal work orders and instructions.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Interact and communicate effectively with other co-workers and management.
- Move, change, and connect pumps and hoses to pipelines including ability to understand and become familiar with the winery pipeline arrangement.
- Must be able to operate forklift to complete various functions at winery
- Comply with all general work safety rules.
- Perform proper sanitation techniques.
- Learn and understand the use of all cellar chemicals and appropriate PPE required for each.
- Read gauges, tapes, and meters accurately.
- Use basic math skills to accurately check and report volumes.
- Work effectively at heights of 40’ and higher.
- Enter and work in confined spaces.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of general functions; it does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Must be 18 years or older at time of hire.
- Prior relevant cellar experience, and/or 2+ years of experience involving consistent heavy lifting.
- Forklift experience is a plus.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English, and complete all required paperwork correctly.
- Must have ability to learn and understand all of the corporate and department Safety Programs.
- Must be able to pass all applicable testing.
- Must pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
- Must pass and maintain valid forklift certification.
- Must embrace and demonstrate The Wine Group Core Values of Long-Term Sustainable Value Creation, while being Relentlessly Entrepreneurial, with Empowered People who are Responsible and Trustworthy and keep them in mind when making all decisions.
- Must be able to lift and carry weights of up to 55lbs at varying frequency and duration.
- Must be able to repeatedly climb stairs/vertical tank ladders at heights of 40’ and higher.
- Work at various heights and awkward positions
- Work with hazardous chemicals and wear a face mask and appropriate PPE.
- Requires bending, lifting, climbing, pulling, and pushing.
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Winery Operations
- Job Function Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- The Wine Group, 7409 West Central Ave., Fresno, California, United States of America