Operator B is responsible for cellar machine operations safety and efficiency. This position will adhere to the company and departmental rules, regulations, standard operating procedures and TWG’s Core Values. This position will be accountable for correct operating protocol.
- Prioritize daily workload to meet business and winemaking requirements by being as efficient as possible.
- Operate various types of machinery to include, but not limited to, lift trucks, dump trucks, pallet jacks, hand trucks, etc. Will include the operations of processing equipment.
- Will be responsible for his/her productivity and completing job progress from start to finish of shift, including all associated paperwork
- Learn and effectively operate machine work processes in accordance to SOP including attention to details and be accountable as necessary
- Provide and/or aid in training to other cellar personnel
- Must maintain a safe, clean and healthful work environment at all times, including abiding by safety rules.
- Effectively communicate with all personnel, vendors, contractors and peers.
- Support and model all company procedures and policies.
- Keep accurate records
- Must embrace and demonstrate The Wine Group’s Values: Long-Term Sustainable Value Creation, Relentlessly Entrepreneurial, Empowered People, and Responsible Trustworthy.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
- Must be 18 years of age at time of hire
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- 3+ years repetitive manufacturing and mechanical and electrical troubleshooting and repair experience
- Extensive knowledge of methodical troubleshooting techniques
- Must be TWG trained and certified forklift operator, or be willing to become certified.
- Must have basic math skills, ability to take measurements and read temperature gauges.
- Ability to comprehend and carry out written and verbal communication as witnessed through changeovers and work assignments.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Must be able to work well with co-workers.
- Possess the ability to work in a fast pace environment under pressure and maintain a positive attitude.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English, with legible writing on all paperwork
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn and develop computer skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Must be able to display integrity, character and lead by example.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and machines.
- Must be able to work overtime and any shift.
- After qualification, the company may require First Aid, CPR, AED, Emergency Responder and/or other certifications as necessary.
- Must demonstrate above average work performance which includes a positive attitude and must maintain the work performance standards as set by management in order to retain classification.
- Must be able to lift and carry weights of up to 50 pounds at varying frequencies
- Position will be exposed to indoor and outdoor environments with varying noise levels
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, climbing and twisting in the production environment
- Ability to work at heights up to 50 feet.
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Winery Operations
- Job Function Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- The Wine Group, 22004 Road 24, Madera, California, United States of America