Information Security Engineer
Information Security Engineer
Watermark is looking for an experienced and seasoned Information Security Engineer who will define the security architecture, ensuring that it meets business requirements and performance goals.
How you’ll lead
- Secure enterprise information systems by determining security requirements; planning, implementing, and testing security systems; preparing security standards, policies, and procedures; mentoring team members
- Closely partner with peers in the engineering, infrastructure and devops organizations to ensure security compliance with a ‘shift left’ mindset.
- Create and maintain security standards by authoring templates and patterns for ease of use and increase effectiveness of the security program
- Perform code review and design of technical security architecture
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and SecDevOps and
- Implement or improve static analysis tools in CI/CD pipelines.
- Create and maintain risk registers, liaising with risk officers and getting risk registers updated with remediation steps
- Review IT controls and perform regular audits
- Respond to RFI/RFP requirements for global customers
- 5-7 years of experience in design and implementation of technical security solutions. Build technical security architecture solutions.
- Excellent communication skills, team management skills, stakeholder management skills documentation and technical writing skills
- CISSP certification preferred (or working towards)
- 2 - 4 years of experience with security frameworks such as NIST, ISO or others
- Solid understanding of authentication technologies and schemes including SSO and federated services (Active Directory, LDAP, RADIUS, OAuth, OpenID)
- 3 - 5 years experience with overall AWS security, VPC, IAM, SSM.
- Working knowledge of design and implementation of firewalls, DNS, IDS/IPS, anti-virus, content filtering, DLP, endpoint security, email security, network vulnerability scanning and incident management
- Demonstrated understanding of IT risk management, cyber security frameworks and good understanding of regulatory compliance requirements
- Strong understanding of data protection & privacy laws in various regions such as the US, Europe and India
Ability to independently lead and drive critical projects across the finish line
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary
- Flexible PTO
- Flexible work schedule
- Family Bonding Leave
- Sick Leave
- Professional Development Reimbursement
- Gym reimbursement through UHC
- Health insurance plans
- HAS/FSA (Dependent Care FSA )
- Dental Insurance
- Life and Accidental insurance
- Short term disability
- 401 K with company matching
- CALM subscription
- Employee referrals incentive
- Affinity Groups
Watermark’s mission is to put better data into the hands of administrators, faculty, and students everywhere to empower them to connect information and gain insights into learning that will drive meaningful improvements. Through its innovative educational intelligence system, Watermark supports over 1,600 institutions around the world in developing an intentional approach to learning so that they can leverage data for a more holistic view of learning, faculty and staff impact, and institutional quality.
For more information on Watermark, visit www.watermarkinsights.com.
Watermark is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against an individual based on the individual's race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic or activity.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- Telecommute % 100
- New York, NY, USA