Product Marketing Manager
Product Marketing Manager
We are looking for a Product Marketing Manager with a passion for storytelling, empowering others, and driving growth and continuous improvement. Reporting to the Director of Product Marketing, you will manage product marketing programs to propel growth for one or more of Watermark’s solution lines serving colleges and universities worldwide. As an expert on the needs of our target market, competitive forces, and the value of our products, you’ll play an essential role in connecting product and go-to-market strategies at Watermark to enable the achievement of company goals.
- Conduct ongoing market research to gain an in-depth understanding of market needs, competitive forces, buyer journeys, and customer experiences. Share your findings and knowledge with the broader organization to grow our collective understanding of the market, articulate competitive differentiation, and inform sales, marketing, and product initiatives.
- Develop and maintain product positioning that enables all Watermark teams to confidently articulate the value of our products to our buyers and users.
- Develop and lead the cross-functional execution of launch plans for new products and modules and manage the rollout and communication plans for routine product releases.
- Partner with product managers and product designers to develop a deep understanding of our products, the problems they solve, and our product development priorities. Create resources - like roadmaps, documentation and training content - to share the product strategy with internal and external constituents.
- Partner with client-facing teams to develop a deep understanding of the needs and experiences of our clients, buyers, and their stakeholders, and develop tools to share this understanding with others.
- Partner with marketing and sales enablement to develop marketing plans, campaigns, messaging and collateral, as well as internal training materials.
- Contribute to the definition and refinement of product pricing and packaging strategies.
Required Skills & Experience
- 2+ years of product marketing experience for B2B SaaS
- Bachelor’s degree or higher; in business or marketing preferred.
- Experience managing complex cross-functional or multi-stakeholder projects.
- Experience conducting market research, including competitive analysis, jobs-to-be-done research, and buyer persona and buying journey analysis.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with a talent for making complex concepts easy to understand and a penchant for bringing things back to the “why”
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and follow-through interacting with clients, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties.
- Comfortable and productive working both collaboratively and independently.
- Comfortable speaking in front of large, senior groups.
- Experience with higher education is strongly preferred.
- Pragmatic Institute Certified (PMC) III or higher preferred.
- Desirable Software experience:
- Intermediate skill level in Excel
- Project management tools like Asana, Smartsheet, Basecamp
- CRM tools like Salesforce
- Marketing automation tools like Marketo
- Knowledge Base software like Zendesk, Salesforce Communities
- In-app notification tools like Pendo.
Benefits and Perks
Watermark’s mission is to put better data into the hands of administrators, faculty, and students everywhere to empower them to connect information and gain insights into learning that will drive meaningful improvements. Through its innovative educational intelligence system, Watermark supports over 1,600 institutions around the world in developing an intentional approach to learning so that they can leverage data for a more holistic view of learning, faculty and staff impact, and institutional quality.
For more information on Watermark, visit www.watermarkinsights.com.
Watermark is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against an individual based on the individual's race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic or activity.
- Pay Type Salary