Senior Java Developer
Senior Java Developer
The Senior Java Developer will design, implement, test, and support high quality software in a collaborative work environment, leveraging continuous integration and delivery practices.
Measures of Success
- Health of project teams
- Quality of code
- Contributions to team
- Analysis - The software engineer displays the ability to collect and evaluate information with creativity and critical thinking to solve problems, make decisions, and communicate solutions.
- Collaboration - The software engineer interacts with peers and cross team members to identify individual and collective solutions, agree on a plan of action, resolve issues, and arrive at results that serve mutual interests.
- Execution - The software engineer delivers a completed work product in a timely and efficient manner, avoiding unexpected diversions, with predictable and expected results.
- Technical Research - The software engineer shows intellectual curiosity by investing time and energy in technical skill and knowledge growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, implement, test, and support software solutions
- Automate unit and integration tests to ensure high quality software
- Apply clean code practices through regular refactoring
- Strategically address technical debt
- Collaborate with other Software Engineers through peer reviews, pair programming, and mentoring
- Assist DevOps Engineers with identifying resource needs for proposed features
- Collaborate with Software Architects to understand and advise on architectural and design requirements
- Assist Quality Assurance Engineers with the creation and maintenance of automated acceptance tests
- Other duties as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Extensive experience building software solutions using object-oriented analysis and design
- Extensive experience designing secure, scalable, and highly available web applications
- Extensive experience using test-driven development
- Extensive experience with Java, Spring, xUnit
- Familiar with big data, distributed architecture, microservices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, related field, or equivalent experience
- Five or more years of professional experience building software solutions in Java
Benefits and Perks
Watermark’s mission is to put better data into the hands of administrators, faculty, and students everywhere to empower them to connect information and gain insights into learning that will drive meaningful improvements. Through its innovative educational intelligence system, Watermark supports over 1,600 institutions around the world in developing an intentional approach to learning so that they can leverage data for a more holistic view of learning, faculty and staff impact, and institutional quality.
For more information on Watermark, visit www.watermarkinsights.com.
Watermark is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against an individual based on the individual's race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic or activity.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Wisconsin, USA