Marketing Campaign Manager
Watermark is looking for a Marketing Campaign Manager with experience in event management/field marketing to develop and implement demand generation campaigns. In this role, you will be responsible for tactics that build sales pipeline and revenue, engage prospect and client accounts, and expand our brand reach. The ideal candidate has worn different marketing hats and has successfully managed multiple marketing campaigns involving a variety of tactics, channels, and events.
Campaign Managers collaborate with internal teams and external agencies to plan, design, and implement integrated marketing campaigns. This role incorporates several channels, with a focus on events, including things like trade show sponsorships, regional roadshow events, and virtual user groups. You would own all aspects of these activities including event promotion across all marketing channels, all event logistics, and creating repeatable options/processes that scale.
The position requires being an excellent communicator, collaborator, curiosity, and an ability to run multiple projects simultaneously. You must be comfortable with ambiguity, able to get things done.
What you will be doing:
- Develop, execute, and optimize programs to meet company revenue goals by using a variety of marketing techniques such as email campaigns, event sponsorships, user groups, webinars/video, among others.
- Create such campaigns and deliverables to support net new logo attainment and cross-sell new products, suite expansion to existing clients
- Interact with sales leadership and team to optimize campaigns for their target accounts, provide the team with supporting marketing tools and assets, and communicate regularly with updates
- Optimize campaign performance through analytics, testing, and experimentation
- Stay abreast of new technologies and advise marketing leadership on the latest trends, best practices, and standards. Proactively scope and present new ideas to improve our customer journey for prospects, leads, and customers.
What skills and experience you need to have:
- 5+ years B2B marketing experience, preferably with technical or software/SaaS products and services; working with higher education institutions a huge plus
- Proven experience with a variety of marketing channels including (at least a few of these): virtual events, user groups, sponsored events/trade show sponsorships, regional roadshows
- Strong organizational and project management skills and the ability to manage multiple marketing initiatives at the same time
- Analytical skills and proven ability to use data to optimize campaign performance and inform future strategies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including copywriting
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly
- Ability to operate independently and solve problems quickly
- Hands-on experience with marketing automation tools; Marketo strongly preferred. If you do not have this experience, you will be provided training and will be expected to ramp quickly. Experience with SFDC is strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with Google Suite including G-Mail; Asana or Smartsheet, Slack, and other related tools.
- Experience working in fast-paced, high growth environments, comfortable with ambiguity
- Team player attitude with the ability to interact with sales, marketing, product, and engineering stakeholders
About the Marketing Team:
We’re a team of demand generation-focused marketers facing a huge opportunity to sell new products into an established customer base and expand to new accounts. The higher education market needs our products, and the government is helping fund their transition to digital enablement. We sell the solutions that make the administration’s jobs much easier, efficient, and transparent. We currently serve half of the total, finite addressable market, and are well-positioned to grow.
Roles this person will be working with:
- Content Marketing: Responsible for the brand’s voice, and most content created.
- Digital Marketing: Responsible for executing, testing, and maintaining our website, paid search, and paid social advertising, SEO, and digital program optimization.
- Marketing Operations: Responsible for creating campaign templates that show clear paths to revenue, enabling you to clearly understand what works, what doesn’t. Creates and maintains our rich marketing technology stack, and sets up reliable, streamlined campaign reporting.
- SDRs: Outsourced team that follows up on MQLs
- Partner marketing staff from key technology and accreditation partners/organizations
- Two sales teams: Growth accounts (smaller institutions, a lot of accounts); Key and Strategic accounts (larger institutions, limited accounts but large opportunities
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary
- Flexible PTO
- Flexible work schedule
- Family Bonding Leave
- Sick Leave
- Professional development reimbursement
- Gym reimbursement through UHC
- Health insurance plans
- HSA/FSA (Dependent Care FSA )
- Dental Insurance
- Life and Accidental insurance
- Short term disability
- 401 K with company matching
- Subscription to CALM application
- Employee referrals incentive
- Affinity Groups
Watermark’s mission is to put better data into the hands of administrators, faculty, and students everywhere to empower them to connect information and gain insights into learning that will drive meaningful improvements. Through its innovative educational intelligence system, Watermark supports over 1,600 institutions around the world in developing an intentional approach to learning so that they can leverage data for a more holistic view of learning, faculty and staff impact, and institutional quality.
For more information on Watermark, visit www.watermarkinsights.com.
Watermark is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against an individual based on the individual's race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic or activity.
- Pay Type Salary
- Austin, TX, USA